From Whole Latte Love Support Library
Marc from WholeLatteLove.com reviews the Ceado E6X dosing espresso coffee grinder. Learn how the E6X compares to other similarly priced grinders like the Mazzer Mini Doser and the Baratza Vario-W and why you might choose one over the other. Plus, Marc shows you how to calibrate the grinder after cleaning and has a tip to avoid cross-threading the grind size adjustment threads.
Find the Right Grind
- Grind coffee into the portafilter.
- Lock the portafilter into the brew group.
- Lift the brew lever all the way up.
- Aim for 2 to 2.5 oz. in about 25 seconds.
- Drink your shot to test.
- Repeat until properly motivated to get work done.
The big secret to finding that exact flavor you're after, that big punch-in-the-mouth feel, is dialing in your grind. For a basic rule-of-thumb, a coarser grind makes for a lighter, fluffier coffee, and a finer grind makes for a more intense, flavorful espresso. Check out the video on the right for more info.