From Whole Latte Love Support Library
Join Mike from Whole Latte Love as he reviews the differences between the Rancilio Rocky Doser and the Doserless grinder. The Rocky is the most durable coffee bean grinder available in its price range. It is extremely well made and we highly recommend it for home use and light commercial use.
Find the Right Grind
- Grind coffee into the portafilter.
- Lock the portafilter into the brew group.
- Lift the brew lever all the way up.
- Aim for 2 to 2.5 oz. in about 25 seconds.
- Drink your shot to test.
- Repeat until properly motivated to get work done.
The big secret to finding that exact flavor you're after, that big punch-in-the-mouth feel, is dialing in your grind. For a basic rule-of-thumb, a coarser grind makes for a lighter, fluffier coffee, and a finer grind makes for a more intense, flavorful espresso. Check out the video on the right for more info.